If it’s the weekend or a vaca day, I don’t sleep in but like to prepare an extra large cup of coffee and laze around meditating or reading devotionals. That means breakfast turns into brunch. Brunch can be any range of foods really, but I prefer something hearty, savory and a little sweet. This combo below hits those notes!
The star of this plate is Big Mountain Foods Brekkie Links. They’re vegan but seriously full of flavor. Not too salty or greasy like some other vegan sausages. And they don’t taste weird (you know this a risk with vegan meat-substitutes!). They’re ready-to-eat out of the package but just need to be heated.
1 Big Mountain Foods Brekkie link, cut into chunks
1/2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1/4 cup dried apricots, cut in half (or any other dried or fresh fruit)
Just Eggs, 1/2 cup
Any spices (I used turmeric, curry, cumin, onion powder)
- Place sausage and potatoes in a small bowl and drizzle with canola or olive oil. Mix to coat evenly.
- Place mixture into an air-fryer. Cook at 375 F set for 15 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the sausage (it should be slightly browned) onto a plate. Keep cooking the potatoes until they are slightly browned on outside and softened inside, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, pour eggs in bowl and stir in any herb/spices as desired. Cook in nonstick pan until egg sets. Place egg on plate and sprinkle diced chives on top.
- When potatoes are done, place on egg plate with sausage and diced apricots.
- Too easy, right? Enjoy!
This meal was inspired by a recipe challenge conducted by Big Mountain Foods. They provided to me the Brekkie links. I’ve tried their other vegan products, which are seriously among the best-tasting available. Only problem is that they’re not sold in the U.S. yet…only Canada. So my lucky Canadian readers get to enjoy these for now, but I have a feeling they’ll be showing up on our shelves pretty soon too with the exponential growth of plant-based products. Until then you can keep track of them on their social media Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.